CLE OPPORTUNITIES AS ENTERTAINING AS THEY ARE INFORMATIVE
Mixed Blood Theatre’s On the Job program creates dynamic, customized theater to address issues of inclusion in the public and private sectors. The workplace is a principal arena of interaction for people of broad cultural and socio-economic differences, and often the center point for important policy decisions that affect the way that business is conducted and customers/constituents are served.
This virtual presentation will take place from 9 am to 11 am on June 3rd, 2020 for two Elimation of Bias credits. The session costs $120.
The foundation for Bench Bias Lingo is two Supreme Court cases, selected from:
- PGA Tour v. Martin
- Boys Scouts of America and Monmouth Council v. James Dale
- Faragher v. City of Boca Raton
- Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle School District No. 1
These cases are about, respectively, disability, sexual orientation, race, and sexual harassment.
For each there will be:
- a summary of the case,
- a panel of attorneys and/or judges discussing the relevant issues of the case,
- a company of professional actors performing edited transcripts compiled from oral arguments,
- a facilitated audience/panelist discussion, led by attorney/actor Chris Carlson of NarrativePros
All participants have access to full transcripts, court opinions, and links to articles shown.
Panelists include Keith Ellison (MN Attorney General) Jim Chosy (Executive Vice President and General Counsel of US Bank) and Daniel Le (Le Law Firm).
Sponsored by Alix Magner, Morgan Stanley.