DEVELOPMENT – MIXED BLOOD THEATRE
The Director of Development supports the highest strategic priorities of the organization and serves as a member of the Theatre’s senior leadership team. They will focus on setting and meeting contributed income goals, managing and enhancing donor/funder relations, and partnerships while retaining and deepening relationships with current ones. Through effective research and fundraising efforts in support of the mission, vision and programming, the Director of Development develops and executes strategies to support programmatic aspirations, assure financial health, and achieve mission realization while leading through the lens of Equity, Anti-Racism and Social Justice.
Using theatre to disrupt injustices, advance equity, and build community, Mixed Blood inspires the global village to create ripple effects of social change.
Mixed Blood collaborates and fosters partnerships in Minnesota and beyond to amplify how art drives necessary change for our shared humanity, purpose, and rights.
- Lead the planning and implementation of Mixed Blood’s fundraising efforts, developing both annual and long-range strategies that support growth and sustainability across all funding areas.
- Develop and implement annual appeals and other campaigns designed to support both individual donor renewal and new acquisition.
- Oversee internal systems for prospect generation and management.
- Plan special fundraising events.
- Build relationships with regional and national foundation partners, and proactively identify new partners in collaboration Managing and Artistic Directors.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to navigate interpersonal and group dynamics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative, methodological process orientation
- Working knowledge of database management
- Core belief in and practice of the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Significant previous experience and measurable success in nonprofit fundraising (arts preferred), including meeting goals
- At least 3-5 years of senior development experience is preferred
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting contributions with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on, detail-oriented mentality
- Understanding of Minnesota and its philanthropic community
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
Time Commitment: This is a full-time position, which will require being in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
How To Apply:
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed Blood Theatre is committed to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. MBT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity.