This virtual presentation will take place from 9 am to 11 am on June 3rd, 2020 for two Elimination of Bias credits. The session costs $120.
The foundation for Bench Bias Lingo is two Supreme Court cases, selected from:
- PGA Tour v. Martin
- Boy Scouts of America and Monmouth Council v. James Dale
- Faragher v. City of Boca Raton
- Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle Schools District No. 1
These cases are about, respectively, disability, sexual orientation, race, and sexual harassment.
For each there will be:
- a summary of the case,
- a panel of attorneys and/or judges discussing the relevant issues of the case,
- a company of professional actors performing edited transcripts compiled from oral arguments,
- facilitated audience/panelist discussion, led by attorney/actor Chris Carlson of NarrativePros
All participants have access to full transcripts, court opinions, and links to articles shown.
Panelists include Keith Ellison (MN Attorney General), Jim Chosy (Executive Vice President and General Counsel of US Bank), and Daniel Le (Le Law Firm).