12 communities, 3 acts, 1 venue!
The entire summer has been leading up to this: each performance created by the 12 artists from each of the 12 Twin Cities communities is coming to the festival!
Join us for one, two, or all three acts and in-between enjoy free food, art installations, and activities. Wondering what to expect? The festival includes food, music, dance, art, theatre, poetry, and plenty of surprises. If you can’t see all the performances on one day, no worries. We repeat the program on Saturday and Sunday.
Meanwhile, the 12×12 community events have been picking up steam!
- Bryce Burton hosted a Trans ice cream social for Pride weekend,
- Katie Ka Vang and a couple alien butterflies walked with us on a tasting tour of Little Mekong,
- Johanna Keller Flores and Bella Mendoza shared a heartfelt poem for and about the West Side,
- Hawona Sullivan Janzen premiered a new play collecting Freeway Stories from Rondo,
- Yia Vang led us in creating our own meal in the heart of Brooklyn Center,
- and Joe Davis shared visions for the future coming out of the Northside Vibe.
We still have two more community events before The Festival!
- Enter Ifrah Mansour’s healing hut in Currie Park here in Cedar-Riverside this Saturday Aug 5th at 4pm!
- And join Brownbody as they explore the POC experience in Woodbury to kick off the Woodbury Days event, Friday Aug 18th at 5pm!